Trehalose (500g) – Product of Japan
Product of Japan and individually packed in a resealable bag.
TREHA® trehalose is a multi-functional disaccharide with unique benefits for freshness, texture, and flavor/aroma in food and beverages. Trehalose is naturally occurring in many common foods, such as mushrooms, baker’s yeast and honey. As an ingredient, TREHA® has unique benefits across a wide range of applications, including bakery, snack, confection, meat and seafood, fruit and vegetable processing, and beverages. TREHA® is also 38% less sweet than sucrose.
- Managing moisture in food (including donut glaze stability and stability of fillings)
- Freeze-thaw stability (less freeze thaw damage)
- Color retention (especially for processed fruits and vegetables)
- Unique crispiness (baked, fried and extruded snacks)
- Smooth creaminess (custards and frozen desserts)
- Extended shelf-life (texture stability of snacks and baked goods)
- Off-Flavor masking (off-notes of sweeteners, amino acids, and vitamins and minerals)
- Enhanced intensity (citrus flavors and more)
- Masks odors (negative aromas of seafood and vitamins and minerals)