Local Delights: Pau Making
- This event has passed.
Tickets are not available as this event has passed.
What to expect:
- Pre-weighed Ingredients for the class and recipe for all items learnt
- Make, pleat and steam your own Paus
- Types of flours used and the effect on the colour, texture of the steamed Pau
- Types of leavening agent used and the effect on the Paus (e.g. what sort of baking powder is suitable)
- What is the secret behind paos that are white (Steamed Paus are actually steamed breads …but why are they not brown when cooked?)
- Effect of heat on the shape of Paus
You will learn:
- Local Char Siu Pau
- Learn how to cook the char siu filling
- A complimentary recipe for char siu filling will also be provided.
- Chicken pau
- Learn to make the skin and how to pleat, shape and prepare the filling)
- Peach shaped longevity lotus pau
- Learn how to shape this classic Pau, filled with lotus filling