(1:30pm – 6:30pm) Local Delights: Pau Making – PM0601
- This event has passed.
Back by popular demand, join Chef Judy and her team as they explore making this traditional favourite. Learn the art and science behind Pau making, and what goes into making a soft and delicious Pau! Chef Judy used to work as a consultant for Hara Tim Sum, one of the major suppliers for halal paos and tim sums in Singapore.
What to expect:
- Pre-weighed Ingredients for the class and recipe for all items learnt
- Make, pleat and steam your own Paus
- Types of flours used and the effect on the colour, texture of the steamed Pau
- Types of leavening agent used and the effect on the Paus (e.g. what sort of baking powder is suitable)
- What is the secret behind paos that are white (Steamed Paus are actually steamed breads …but why are they not brown when cooked?)
- Effect of heat on the shape of Paus
You will learn:
- Chicken Pau
- Learn to make the skin and how to pleat, shape and prepare the filling)
- Lotus Pau – classic shape
- Peach shaped longevity Pau
- Longevity bun filled with lotus filling