Healthy Living Series – Sugarless Batter and Foam Type Cakes SkillsFuture Approved Course (CRS-N-00455771) SBFC-0125
What to expect:
- Understand the different types of flour and other ingredients (including sugar substitutes) used in baking cakes and how that affects the texture and taste
- Learn different mixing methods.
- Basic Baking Science (e.g., mechanism of action of baking powder)
- Learn to control the heat of the oven.
- Learn to recognize what went wrong in your baking
- Learn to calculate baker’s percent
- Make 5 types of cakes
- Walnut Sugarless Buttercake
- Sugarless Chocolate Muffin
- Sugarless Pandan Chiffon Cake
- Sugarless Matcha Swiss Roll
- Sugarless Chocolate Sponge Cake
Ingredients for the class
Recipes for items learnt
Join Chef Judy and her team as share with you the secrets of healthy baking. Learn to make 5 different types of sugarless batter type and foam type cakes, and also understand and apply the theoretical knowledge learnt in making cakes. You will also understand the different functions and roles of different ingredients.