Fundamentals of Artisan Bread Making Course (Foundation) (Weekend) – AF-0701
- This event has passed.
3 people are attending Fundamentals of Artisan Bread Making Course (Foundation) (Weekend) – AF-0701
Dear Valued Customers,
Please read the following carefully should you wish to utilise your SkillsFuture Credits – we would not entertain requests should there be a failure to comply to the following guidelines by SkillsFuture and T&Cs of Creative Culinaire.
In accordance to the recent guidelines published by SkillsFuture Singapore regarding SkillsFuture Claims, from 19 May 2017, there will no longer be pay-to-individual option for all SkillsFuture Claims. SkillsFuture will now pay the fee directly to the Training Provider (Creative Culinaire). We would like to highlight the following changes to our valued customers:
- There will now be 2 options when selecting the class. Please select the one that is relevant (kindly note that no refunds will be entertained for incorrect selection of options)
- No claim from SkillsFuture (You will pay full fee directly to Creative Culinaire)
- Claiming from SkillsFuture
- You will be required to pay a $100 refundable deposit (*terms and conditions apply) to secure your registration. Registration must be done with Creative Culinaire before proceeding for claims as confirmation of the class is required by SkillsFuture as a supporting document.
- This deposit will be refunded in cash on the first day of your lesson
- Should you change, cancel the class or no-show, the deposit will be forfeited
- After paying the $100 refundable deposit, you have been “soft booked” for the class. You may now proceed to SkillFuture Claims website to submit your claim. The following documents are required:
- Please ensure that the claimant is the attendee for the class (it is an offence to claim from another person’s account)
- Creative Culinaire accepts soft bookings up to 90 days prior to the class. However, SkillsFuture Claims can only be done 60 days before the course start date. Please submit your claims as soon as the claims window opens
- Please ensure registration name is exactly according to your NRIC. SkillsFuture and Creative Culinaire would require this to verify the bookings and claims
- Please submit the Ticket from Creative Culinaire (not invoice from paypal). The Ticket would specify the Class Date, Time, Course Code and Your Name. This must be submitted as supporting evidence to ensure a successful claim.
- Input the course fee as amount “payable by you” and “amount payable by you” should be the course fee and not the $100 deposit. And select fees payable to Training Provider.
- Questions pertaining to SkillsFuture Claim should be directed to SkillsFuture as Creative Culinaire does not have information with regards to your claims.
Please click here for a step-by-step illustration on the new procedures and Frequently Asked Questions.
*Creative Culinaire will issue a certificate upon completion of course
**It is highly recommended for participants of this class to attend our foundation bread making course to obtain basic knowledge of bread making (participants will be assumed to have basic knowledge of bread making)
What to expect:
- Pre-weighed Ingredients for the class and recipe for all items learnt
- Hands-on class. Explore and understand the theoretical and practical aspects of Artisan Bread making including Sourdough Bread.
- Introduction to Artisan breads and brief history
- Understand the technical terms and concepts: baker’s percentage, protein level, ash level, falling numbers, farinograph, farinograph, Moisture level, friction factor, Maillard reaction
- Exploring the key characteristics of ingredients (flours, water, pH, yeast, enriching ingredients)
- Building a sourdough starter and rye sourdough starter using wild yeast
- Traditional scoring and shaping breads, and maintaining the starter
- Common misconceptions, myths and truths about building and maintaining the sourdough starter
- Enhancing the flavor using traditional methods for deeper flavor
- Creating a desired outlook for your breads
- Waste management
Ingredients for the class
Recipes for items learnt