Foundation Bread Making (Weekend)- B-0501
- This event has passed.
What to expect:
- How to correctly knead your dough to distribute the yeast evenly
- What is proofing and how not to overproof, and how to test if your dough is done
- Understanding the fermentation process.
- The functions of ingredients in bread dough such as yeast, flour, liquids, fats and sugars and why they are important.
- The importance of dough temperature and methods to achieve the right temperature in your home kitchen.
- Techniques such as scoring, braiding and shaping to create delicious and aesthetically pleasing breads.
- A variety of bread types including rolls, loafs, pizza, savory breads and soft buns.
- Straight dough and sponge dough methods, pre-ferments, levain and Biga system.
- Baker’s Mathematics
Ingredients for the class
Recipes for items learnt