(1:30pm – 6:30pm) 4 Days Art and Science Series: Foundation Bread Making – BFE1212
What to expect:
- Ingredients will be prepared for you. Recipes for all items learnt will given (and bonus recipes where applicable)
- How to correctly knead your dough to distribute the yeast evenly
- What is proofing and how not to overproof, and how to test if your dough is done
- Understanding the fermentation process.
- The functions of ingredients in bread dough such as yeast, flour, liquids, fats and sugars and why they are important.
- The importance of dough temperature and methods to achieve the right temperature in your home kitchen.
- Techniques such as scoring, braiding and shaping to create delicious and aesthetically pleasing breads.
- Straight dough and sponge dough methods, pre-ferments, levain and Biga system.
- Baker’s Mathematics
- Items Learnt: Variety of rolls, loafs, pizza, savoury breads and buns.
- Creative Culinaire issued certificate will only be issued upon completion of all 4 classes
Ingredients for the class
Recipes for items learnt