3 Day Professional Gelato Making Course SkillsFuture Approved Course (CRS-N-0033999) PGC0619
- This event has passed.
Dear Valued Customers,
Please read the following carefully should you wish to utilise your SkillsFuture Credits – we would not entertain requests should there be a failure to comply to the following guidelines by SkillsFuture and T&Cs of Creative Culinaire.
In accordance to the recent guidelines published by SkillsFuture Singapore regarding SkillsFuture Claims, from 19 May 2017, there will no longer be pay-to-individual option for all SkillsFuture Claims. SkillsFuture will now pay the fee directly to the Training Provider (Creative Culinaire). We would like to highlight the following changes to our valued customers:
- There will now be 2 options when selecting the class. Please select the one that is relevant (kindly note that no refunds will be entertained for incorrect selection of options)
- No claim from SkillsFuture (You will pay full fee directly to Creative Culinaire)
- Claiming from SkillsFuture
- You will be required to pay a $100 refundable deposit (*terms and conditions apply) to secure your registration. Registration must be done with Creative Culinaire before proceeding for claims as confirmation of the class is required by SkillsFuture as a supporting document.
- This deposit will be refunded in cash on the first day of your lesson
- Should you change, cancel the class or no-show, the deposit will be forfeited
- After paying the $100 refundable deposit, you have been “soft booked” for the class. You may now proceed to SkillFuture Claims website to submit your claim. The following documents are required:
- Please ensure that the claimant is the attendee for the class (it is an offence to claim from another person’s account)
- Creative Culinaire accepts soft bookings up to 90 days prior to the class. However, SkillsFuture Claims can only be done 60 days before the course start date. Please submit your claims as soon as the claims window opens
- Please ensure registration name is exactly according to your NRIC. SkillsFuture and Creative Culinaire would require this to verify the bookings and claims
- Please submit the Ticket from Creative Culinaire (not invoice from paypal). The Ticket would specify the Class Date, Time, Course Code and Your Name. This must be submitted as supporting evidence to ensure a successful claim.
- Input the course fee as amount “payable by you” and “amount payable by you” should be the course fee and not the $100 deposit. And select fees payable to Training Provider.
- Questions pertaining to SkillsFuture Claim should be directed to SkillsFuture as Creative Culinaire does not have information with regards to your claims.
Please click here for a step-by-step illustration on the new procedures and Frequently Asked Questions.
We are pleased to have Chef Michael back with us to conduct a 3 Day Professional Gelato Making Course. Che Michel has done extensive work with both American ice cream and Italian gelato, having done both formal courses and worked with ice cream makers from Italy and the US. In a renowned US course in Pennsylvania, Michael graduated among the top 10% of the class and went on with working in creameries there and in Manhattan. Michael has also helped with the setup of local gelateria in Singapore. Michael is the owner of Papitto gelato, which has been providing gourmet gelato and ice cream to hotels and F&B business for over ten years.
About the course
The course covers the key areas both theory and practical of gelato making. Designed to give both beginners serious about making gelato on a regular basis and people who have made gelato before but had always wanted to know more about what goes behind the recipes.
Participants will gain a working understanding of what goes into gelato making including the functions of basic components used in gelato and sorbet recipes. At the end of the course, the participant can expect to be able to create his or her gelato recipes.
– Milk composition
– Gelato and sorbet composition
– Gelato structure
– Batch freezing operations
– Mix processing and aging
– Gelato basic recipes: creamy flavours, fruit flavours
– Sugars and sweeteners
– Mix calculations
– Hygiene considerations
– Displaying and decorations: variegating and toppings
Participants will also get to make the following Gelato during the course:
1. Pistachio gelato
2. Mango gelato
3. Passionfruit sorbet
4. Dark Chocolate sorbet
5. Sweet Cream Raspberry gelato