3 Day Professional Gelato Making Course SkillsFuture Approved Course (CRS-N-0033999) May 2018
- This event has passed.
Dear Valued Customers,
Please read the following carefully should you wish to utilise your SkillsFuture Credits – we would not entertain requests should there be a failure to comply to the following guidelines by SkillsFuture and T&Cs of Creative Culinaire.
In accordance to the recent guidelines published by SkillsFuture Singapore regarding SkillsFuture Claims, from 19 May 2017, there will no longer be pay-to-individual option for all SkillsFuture Claims. SkillsFuture will now pay the fee directly to the Training Provider (Creative Culinaire). We would like to highlight the following changes to our valued customers:
- There will now be 2 options when selecting the class. Please select the one that is relevant (kindly note that no refunds will be entertained for incorrect selection of options)
- No claim from SkillsFuture (You will pay full fee directly to Creative Culinaire)
- Claiming from SkillsFuture
- You will be required to pay a $100 refundable deposit (*terms and conditions apply) to secure your registration. Registration must be done with Creative Culinaire before proceeding for claims as confirmation of the class is required by SkillsFuture as a supporting document.
- This deposit will be refunded in cash on the first day of your lesson
- Should you change, cancel the class or no-show, the deposit will be forfeited
- After paying the $100 refundable deposit, you have been “soft booked” for the class. You may now proceed to SkillFuture Claims website to submit your claim. The following documents are required:
- Please ensure that the claimant is the attendee for the class (it is an offence to claim from another person’s account)
- Creative Culinaire accepts soft bookings up to 90 days prior to the class. However, SkillsFuture Claims can only be done 60 days before the course start date. Please submit your claims as soon as the claims window opens
- Please ensure registration name is exactly according to your NRIC. SkillsFuture and Creative Culinaire would require this to verify the bookings and claims
- Please submit the Ticket from Creative Culinaire (not invoice from paypal). The Ticket would specify the Class Date, Time, Course Code and Your Name. This must be submitted as supporting evidence to ensure a successful claim.
- Input the course fee as amount “payable by you” and “amount payable by you” should be the course fee and not the $100 deposit. And select fees payable to Training Provider.
- Questions pertaining to SkillsFuture Claim should be directed to SkillsFuture as Creative Culinaire does not have information with regards to your claims.
Please click here for a step-by-step illustration on the new procedures and Frequently Asked Questions.
We are pleased to have Gelato Specialist Chef Manuel Minelli to conduct a 3 Day Professional Gelato Making Course. Chef Minelli is a respected gelato specialist in the industry with more than 15 years of knowledge on Asian markets and working with multinational companies for their distributor setup in the area and the development of their sales. Chef Manuel also provides consultations for
products ranging from coffee machines, gelato ingredients and equipment. His passion for Italian traditions
combined with his deep understanding of the Asian trends in pastry and gelato, what the people like, which product brings profits and where the future of desserts will lead us to, will be shared during this course.
This course is suited for business owners, professionals and individuals who intend to start a gelato business. The course will give you the knowledge and the technical ability to diversify your product line, and improve the quality of your Gelato. It will also help you to sharpen your customer service skills, improving customer relations.
Day 1 (Theory)
The origins of ice cream
- What is ice cream?
- Difference between industrial ice cream and artisan ice cream
- Ice cream consumption trends
- Market research: what the consumer thinks of artisan ice cream
- Raw materials
- Production cycle
- Laboratory machines
- Complementary equipment
- Display of ice cream in your selling-point
- Artisan Ice cream maker becomes Entrepreneur
- Formulation of Sorbet and Sherbets, solid, anti-freezing power and sweetness calculations.
Sorbets and Sherbets
- Wine and Liqueur Sorbets
- Sorbet Base formulation
- Sweetening power
- Melting power
- Fruit selection
- Methods for controlling sweeteners
- Yogurt production
- Yogurt cultures
- Yogurt Gelato
- Gelato pastes
- Standard Gelato mix
- Flavoured Gelato mix
- Using spices, herbs and infusions
- Marketing: The importance of locations and customer base
- Why do we lose customers?
- Store renovation: a fad, or a necessity?
- Developing single shop concept or franchising chains
Day 2 (Hands-On & Theory)
*Making of the sorbets recipe prepared on 1st day.
- Basic recipes: white base, yellow base, chocolate and fruit sorbets
- Proportioning ice cream mixes
- why and how – Ice cream: ageing and not ageing through “thermo-shock”, different quality?
Hardening process and cold chain management
- Ice cream structure
- Production of custard ice cream flavours on white base and yellow base
- Production of fruit flavours on milk and sugar syrup base
- Production flexibility
- Storing ice cream
- Display and distribution
- Hygiene and safety
- The image of your shop
- How to offer ice cream
- Service and controls on management
- Formulation of Gelato and Ice Cream recipes, solid, anti-freezing and sweetness calculation
Day 3 (Hands-On & Marketing)
*Making of the gelato ice cream recipes calculated on the 2nd day.
Gelato in Asia
- How to make the gelato for the Asian customers?
- Too sweet? How to solve this problem
- How to outsource local products and ingredients
- Local and traditional Asian flavours and how to make them into Gelato
- Costing and profitability in Asian countries
- Return of Investment
- One Shop or 100 shops? How expansion can improve or negatively affect profitability, quality and success of the business
- Target of customers
- When and where is it more profitable to invest?
- Where to save and where to spend to have the best gelato in town