3 Day Professional Gelato Making Course (By Chef Manuel Minelli)
- This event has passed.
8 people are attending 3 Day Professional Gelato Making Course (By Chef Manuel Minelli)
What to expect:
We are pleased to have Gelato Specialist Chef Manuel Minelli to conduct a 3 Day Professional Gelato Making Course. Chef Minelli is a respected gelato specialist in the industry with more than 15 years of knowledge on Asian markets and working with multinational companies for their distributor setup in the area and the development of their sales. Chef Manuel also provides consultations for
products ranging from coffee machines, gelato ingredients and equipment. His passion for Italian traditions
combined with his deep understanding of the Asian trends in pastry and gelato, what the people like, which product brings profits and where the future of desserts will lead us to, will be shared during this course.
This course is suited for business owners, professionals and individuals who intend to start a gelato business. The course will give you the knowledge and the technical ability to diversify your product line, and improve the quality of your Gelato. It will also help you to sharpen your customer service skills, improving customer relations.
Day 1 (Theory)
The origins of ice cream
- What is ice cream?
- Difference between industrial ice cream and artisan ice cream
- Ice cream consumption trends
- Market research: what the consumer thinks of artisan ice cream
- Raw materials
- Production cycle
- Laboratory machines
- Complementary equipment
- Display of ice cream in your selling-point
- Artisan Ice cream maker becomes Entrepreneur
- Formulation of Sorbet and Sherbets, solid, anti-freezing power and sweetness calculations.
Sorbets and Sherbets
- Wine and Liqueur Sorbets
- Sorbet Base formulation
- Sweetening power
- Melting power
- Fruit selection
- Methods for controlling sweeteners
- Yogurt production
- Yogurt cultures
- Yogurt Gelato
- Gelato pastes
- Standard Gelato mix
- Flavoured Gelato mix
- Using spices, herbs and infusions
- Marketing: The importance of locations and customer base
- Why do we lose customers?
- Store renovation: a fad, or a necessity?
- Developing single shop concept or franchising chains
Day 2 (Hands-On & Theory)
*Making of the sorbets recipe prepared on 1st day.
- Basic recipes: white base, yellow base, chocolate and fruit sorbets
- Proportioning ice cream mixes
- why and how – Ice cream: ageing and not ageing through “thermo-shock”, different quality
Hardening process and cold chain management
- Ice cream structure
- Production of custard ice cream flavours on white base and yellow base
- Production of fruit flavours on milk and sugar syrup base
- Production flexibility
- Storing ice cream
- Display and distribution
- Hygiene and safety
- The image of your shop
- How to offer ice cream
- Service and controls on management
- Formulation of Gelato and Ice Cream recipes, solid, anti-freezing and sweetness calculation
Day 3 (Hands-On & Marketing)
*Making of the gelato ice cream recipes calculated on the 2nd day.
Gelato in Asia
- How to make the gelato for the Asian customers?
- Too sweet? How to solve this problem
- How to outsource local products and ingredients
- Local and traditional Asian flavours and how to make them into Gelato
- Costing and profitability in Asian countries
- Return of Investment
- One Shop or 100 shops? How expansion can improve or negatively affect profitability, quality and success of the business
- Target of customers
- When and where is it more profitable to invest?
- Where to save and where to spend to have the best gelato in town