2 Day Intensive Course – Cake Baking and Bread Making
- This event has passed.
2 people are attending 2 Day Intensive Course – Cake Baking and Bread Making
The pre-requisites for our 14 Day Professional Bakery course are the completion of our 4 Day Foundation Cake Baking and 4 Day Foundation Bread Making course. However, for some of our students and overseas students, situation does not permit them from attending our 4 Day courses. This course is specifically design to be an intensive course where the foundations of cake baking and bread making are learnt – both theoretical and hands-on.
Some of the topics covered:
- Theory behind cake baking and bread making
- Functions of different types of flours and how that affects the texture
- Functions of essential ingredients and the effect on the baked products
- Main categories of cakes (e.g. difference between batter and chiffon type cakes)
- Different cake mixing methods and how this affects the taste profile ,texture ,nutritive value of the various types of cakes.
- Use of and composition of leavening agents and their differences and effects on the PH levels, taste and texture of the baked products. e.g. soda bicarbonate vs. baking powders. Single vs. double action baking powders
- Rich dough vs. lean dough for bread making
- 2 main systems in bread baking: direct vs. indirect methods
- How to control the heat of the oven…differences, air movement between radiation, conventional and convectional heat
- How to calculate baker’s percent and how that helps in understanding the formulation of different types of cakes.